Thursday, February 24, 2011

The one with 2 cards

Happy Thursday everyone :) lol.... I am just excited for the weekend to get here fast!
I have lots of fun things planned. Girls night with my high school friends on Friday at my favorite restaurant, Curling again with Alain's work Saturday afternoon and Dinner and dancing Saturday night for my friend Josie's 30th birthday! I'm sure I will be very tired come Sunday :)

So its been a while since I made cards.... I think its because I get carded-out around October when I have a million birthdays in the family!

Since I had a bunch of scraps left over from my last page just lying on my desk I figured it would be a good opportunity to make a boy card!

My goal was to make something that I could give to a boy of any age. Used some 3 Bugs in a Rug paper scraps and banner sticker with the BoBunny dotted paper as my card backdrop.

For my second card I wanted to use some of the embellishments I got in my last two kits but was not able to use since they didn't go with my paper! As as added bonus I used KRAFT. Ya I never do that :)
MM butterfly, LYB leaf pins,Kaiser paper and AC ribbon (all leftovers). Used the ribbon to make this really cool flower. I am dying for glubers to hit the store.... so in the mean time I had to improvise for this one! I really like how it turned out.

Both of these will be over at Scrappy Chic tonight - pending no more SNOW!!!! I will be heading there to scoop up lots of new products that have come in since Sunday. Its like Christmas this time of year!

Have a great day....

6 comments:

Casey Wright said...

Super cute - love these cards!

Angela said...

Great cards! Love the boy banner, and love the mix of fun embellishments on #2.

Kendall said...

Beautiful cards!! I love them both!

Sue Althouse said...

Way to use those scraps for some very wonderful cards! Have fun getting new stuff at Scrappy Chic. I was there Tuesday and got the LYB Twig and some of the new My Mind's Eye.

Tracy said...

I am really liking both of your cards.
That shear flower is so pretty.

Tina Johnson said...

Hi Liz! Glad i found you on here! I also found the other DT girls. I love, love, love the cards you made. super cute. I was able to use the same products on my page so it will be fun to see what everyone comes up with.