Saturday, October 22, 2011

The one with my home

This month when I opened my kit from Scrappy Chic I was so excited that I got this line from BoBunny. I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for. I came across this photo of the house I grew up in and it was perfect!!
I lived here from the ages of 6 to 14.... so most of my childhood. I have so many great memories in this house. I must have a thing for red brick houses because my house now.... Alain and my first house.... is also red brick.


I have had the Jenni Bowlin 'home' bingo card for a long time how and finally got to use it. This line pared well with a lot of the journal pieces from the BG Marjolaine line from last year.



I fussy cut the fence to slip my photo in behind and added a few wooden studio calico houses down at the corner. I love how this turned out!

As for the bathroom renos - there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to share some photos soon! Today we are installing the taps that I picked up last night (Thanks Angela!!!) and Alain is finishing the skim coat of the drywall. Cross your fingers that we will be done by next weekend.




Ok- I am off to paint trim :)


Enjoy your weekend,


2 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

Okay, I am totally impressed that you cut out that fence. And the bingo card is perfect! Great layout, love the nostalgic feel to the page.

Angela said...

You know I'm impressed by that fence -- what a cool idea!
I'm glad you got your box all right -- and I hope the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter all the time! Let me know when you wanna scrap next -- I'm getting the itch!