Monday, October 3, 2011

The one with some non Halloween

I hope you all had a great weekend! We had such great weather here...warm and sunny... but I was busy scrapping so I just saw it all from the window :)

Yesterday I met up with Angela and Mary from Scrappy Chic and we had so much fun and got a lot of pages done too!! I still have to photograph the layouts from the weekend but I have a few that I made last week.

I think that I have mentioned it here before, but I am not so good at using themed paper especially holiday paper. I also love some of the lines and still want to use them. So my solution is to mix it up and use some of the more neutral patterns.

A couple weekends ago Alain and I went up to Toronto to visit my brother Sean and his wife Mahsa. They brought us to a great Asian restaurant Spadina Garden.....

This layout uses the new Pink Paislee Halloween line! All of the paper is actually from the line and I just added some of the navy and orange elements from the Crate Paper Random line.

I love navy and for some reason I am always trying to find nice navy letters. These ones I used are from the BG Christmas line and I almost bought two packs so I don't run out :)

This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving and we are planning on renovating our bathroom! So this week I will be running around after work picking out tile and fixtures for the reno. We did a quick cosmetic makeover a couple years ago but now we are pulling out all the walls and tiling the bathtub surround. Its been a long time coming so I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

What a lovely layout.
Good luck with the reno's.
I am cooking a turkey this weekend

Angela said...

Hey, great photos of your layout! I love the navy-orange combo, and your fun use of (non) Halloween paper!

Happy renovating -- good luck and Happy Thanksgiving, too!