Thursday, February 11, 2010

The one with bad news!

So how far can one person's emotions be stretched in the course of one week? Last week this time I was anxiously awaiting the news from Scrappy Chic about the design team. So excited to be part of the team and meet all the girls. I even got one layout done already. I also made some appointments to meet with two Brides to do their wedding and shower invites. I was on top of the world! Then today... I got the horrible news that I was laid off.......

Not what you want to hear just hours before you are leaving on vacation! But I knew that it was a possibility. I have been lucky to survive the first round of layoffs. I loved my job. I loved what I got to do every day, the diversity of the projects, the creativity and learning experiences. Most of all its hard to say goodbye to the people.... my Friends.

So I am running away.... and not thinking about it again... at least until Monday!
I will deal with the paperwork, resume writing, starting over, job hunting when I get back. I will focus on the positives that I have in my life and it won't be as bad as it feels today.

At least that's my plan.......

-Liz

4 comments:

Angela said...

Well, hi there Liz -
I was just dropping by to check out your blog and tell you how nice it was to meet you on Sunday at the DT meeting...and now I'll add how sorry I am to hear about your job! I wish you all kinds of luck finding another -- and I hope we meet up again soon!

rachel said...

Liz, I was just checking out your website. I wanted to tell you that it will be sad without you there. We will definitely need to get together.
Have a good vacation and the one good thing about monday is that you get to sleep in.

Jenn said...

Oh Liz, I am so sorry to hear that. I totally know how you feel. Hope you enjoy your vacation. There's nothing you can do to change it, so just enjoy and good luck on finding a new job.

Pauline said...

Liz, When doors close new ones open! You're such a smart, fun loving person that you'll have no problem finding a great job! Can't wait to see you next week!
Love ya xoxo