Thursday, November 25, 2010

The one with some tea!

I am definitely a tea person! I can't even stand the smell of coffee, or anything with coffee flavors... yuck! lol. I know I am the odd one here :)

I grew up with a very Irish Grandmother who always had a pot of tea going. I grew up on it. I even had it in my bottle as a child... with lots of milk and some sugar (I was told anyway!).

Growing up it was always red rose tea... but now my tea horizons have expanded. I love the English breakfast and earl gray tea from Tea Forte. I buy the English breakfast in event sized boxes!!! My tea of choice in the morning is a Tazo Tea called Awake - a lot more caffeine and a stronger flavor. (Tazo has a really cool website too btw!) You can get it at Starbucks too. I think I have come up with the most confusing tea order that you can have there..... I always swore I wouldn't be one of THOSE kind of people .... but I need my venti-awake-tea-one bag in - one out - with room for milk!

Back to why I am talking about tea.... well I have a layout about our 'tea party'!
This is Mary, Chris and I at CHA in the Making Memories booth.
They made it look like the cutest little french cafe! So we had to get a quick picture!
The paper is Making Memories (of course!) as well as the journal spot, photo corners and the brown ribbon trim. The little tea pot element is from Crate Paper Restoration line along with the chipboard flower. Glimmer misted some AC thickers to be the perfect shade of pink too!

Now if we could only get some sun here... I would be able to take better pictures for you. Hopefully soon the sun will show... I am getting tired of these dreary days and its not even December yet!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans! Enjoy your long weekend!

11 comments:

Angela said...

Happy un-Thanksgiving to you as well :)
Love the photos in this layout (and the layout too, of course!)

See you soon, I'm sure.

Tracy said...

I can so understand your hate of coffee. I can't stand the smell of it either. Can you believe I applied for a job at a coffee house, when I was younger. Of course I didnt' get it, thankfully

Steph said...

Pretty layout! I am trying to make the switch from coffee to tea. There is a lot more variety than I had thought. I will have to try some of your recommendations.

Tammy said...

Fun layout! I spy some Restoration chipboard! I love tea too.....but I also love coffee.....coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon. I'm an equal opportunity hot beverage lover. :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

very cute layout! i too can't stand coffee. my hubby loves it. i do like the smell now but don't want to drink it.

Sue Althouse said...

Great layout! I'm with you - love my tea, can't stand coffee, especially the smell. Yuck. I just gave you a blog award, please check it out on my blog! Feel free to pass it on, or not, as your time and schedule permit.

http://suealthouse.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-blog-award.html

Mary Pat Siehl said...

I sent you a blog award. come check out my blog siehledwithakiss.blogspot to see!

Susanne said...

Lovely layout. Found your blog from Sue's, glad I came to visit.

Diana Fisher said...

Love this page, it's super cute!!

Katherine said...

I love the pops of pink, and the dark background behind it all is lovely!

Catherine said...

I love this layout...and I love tea too!