Friday, August 5, 2011

The one with some buttons

Last weekend I got some time to sit down and scrapbook...but it took me until tonight to get some good pictures! Tomorrow is my brother in laws wedding - so we have been busy with wedding stuff all week as well.

I know that the new company Authentique has become pretty controversial in its short existence... if you want to see the gossip head over to 2 peas and read here... but I really like their stuff. The quality of the paper is great! So here is a quick layout I made with a collage of photos from a wedding we went to a few weeks ago.

I also finally got to use my new Tim Holtz flower die! Love how the layered flower turned out. Quick and simple is sometimes good!

I got this idea the other day that I should organize all my buttons. I had them in a bunch of packs that were multi colored and it worked for me so far....but I thought - How long could it take to color coordinate them? Well.... longer than I thought.
To be honest I don't know if I even really like it now that they are by color..... so my question to you is : How do you store/organize your buttons????? I think I need a new system and I am very interested in your input!!!

Hope you have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Love the irregular grid on your layout -- and the yellow accents really pop! Nice paper, too ;)

My buttons used to be sorted by color because I bought most of them in single colors -- but all the little jars were taking up too much room, so I reorganized them into two big jars -- one for warm colors, one for cool. My only issue is that I need bigger jars -- I can't get my hand in there without making a mess!!

Sue Althouse said...

Gorgeous layout, I do love those colors and the pop of yellow is perfect! I have my buttons sorted by color and stored in containers, but I don't have near the stash that you do! Good luck with that project. I've been hoping to get to Scrappy Chic once more new stuff has come in and take a look at the Authentique line. In the meantime, I'll use your link to get the scoop on the gossip!

Unknown said...

Very pretty layout!I love the banner and the flower embellies. I've purchased a few of their papers, really love them! I store all my buttons by color but I do admit they don't have as much "eye appeal" as they did when they were all mixed up, I at least know I can find what I'm looking for in short order!:)

ScrappnBee said...

Love the layout! Like that you used b&w photos to not compete with the colors! I am definately going to have to put that TH die on my wish list! The flower turned out gorgeous! I store my buttons in magnetic spice jars on a dollar store cookie sheet by color. Thanks for sharing!- Amanda

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a pretty layout!