Friday, August 12, 2011

The one with some Halloween

Really its just right around the corner! Before we know it it will be here. So why not.....
(please excuse my pics - for some reason I couldn't get the colors right on these!)
This paper from Authentique is just so beautiful... even though I usually hate theme paper (other than travel stuff). But this is like - grown up Halloween :)
I wanted to use these letters from Ruby Rock It but I only had 1 'o'. So I used the #8 I think it looks cute. Have a feeling I will be using this trick more often now!

In my kit last month I got a lot of the WeR Sew Easy twine...I used some here at the top of my page.Now I thought I would LOVE this twine... but really its only for sewing on your pages. Its so slippery that it won't stay tied. Also it keeps the 'kinks' from being folded and you have to iron them out (I use my hair straightener). So - even though I wanted to like this product... I give it a thumbs down.


This weekend we have another wedding. A very good friend of my husband and I is getting married and we are so happy for them. Its going to be great to see all of our friends. Especially since we have our friends from Peterbourough staying with us!!! Tonight we are taking them to play 9 holes at our golf course and then a small party back at our place. Tomorrow will be filled with wedding stuff and more hanging out with friends. It will be a busy and fun weekend :)


Today is actually our 5 year wedding anniversary! We knew we had this wedding and guests so we are planning a golf trip later in November, probably to Myrtle Beach! In the meantime we got a nice gift card to our favorite restaurant so we will be going to dinner to celebrate as well!!!


Hope you all have a great weekend!





4 comments:

Elisa K said...

Love this layout... love the authentique Halloween line... Thanks for sharing. Hugs

Sue Althouse said...

Not ready to think about Halloween yet, but I do love that paper! Have a great weekend and a very happy Anniversary!

Angela said...

Ooh, you've done lovely things with that lovely paper! I'm glad you can make exceptions to your "theme" rule ;)
Hope you had a fun (busy) weekend! Happy belated anniversary.

Tina Johnson said...

super cute layout with the Halloween paper and i really like the title! I love how you scrap all your childhood photos. I might have to dig some out sometime. Congrats on your anniversary. hope to see you soon!