Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The one with 2 for 1

I often like to start out with some kind of sketch when I sit down and start a page. Sometimes its my own, sometimes its a layout in a magazine or from PageMaps. This time it was my own doodle that I used.

Kinda simple but I didn't want too much going on with all the bold patterns here. Also, as I said before, Christmas is hard for me to scrapbook for some reason! Anyway.... here is what I came up with.....

Used the new Dear Lizzy Christmas line of paper - the snowflakes are super old.... but just happen to match perfect with the colors of the paper. Feels good to use up some older stash as well! This will be up over at Scrappy Chic soon.

I was on a roll Saturday busting out the layout..... and I used the same sketch again for a totally different layout. I like that they don't seem to be the same but really are. I guess I was cheating ....I figure they won't be near each other in my scrapbook so its ok :)

This layout is for my Momenta design team. I think its one of my favorites right now. Mostly because of the picture of me when I was little... eating freezies with my cousin! So cute :)

Got both of these done pretty quickly... under an hour each (a record for me!)

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Great layouts!

Angela said...

Nifty! Love that picture of you and your cousin -- so cute! Way to go, using a sketch twice AND super-quickly!!

Mary Hamer said...

Darling layouts!

Sue Althouse said...

These are both great layouts. I love that pop of red in the photo mat - really draws my eye right to the picture. The looks on your faces (you and your cousin) are priceless!