Monday, October 4, 2010

The one with some Glimmer Mist

I am sharing another one of my Scrappy Chic design team layouts today. This is one of those ones that I was really excited with the outcome... probably more because this is not paper I would pick myself. Thanks to Angela for making me step out of my comfort zone :)


This is the Cosmo Cricket Pixies line. The purple and orange worked great for these pictures of Noemie!
That purple ribbon across the page there.... well that is my favorite part. It also started a little obsession for me. I have been glimmer misting crazy this week!
This ribbon was originally white. I twas too stark for the layout.... and then I had an idea to mist it. At first I looked at it and thought.... 'oh well it was a good idea, but looks like crap'... 15 mins later after it dried I LOVED it!


So off to Scrappy Chic I went and bought as many white trims as I could find.... and some new glimmer mist colors as well! Here are some of the samples I was playing with.
The chalk mist (grey one) didn't turn out as well as the regular glimmer ones. It needed a lot longer to dry than the others. But that could have been because of the sheer fabric. Once it was all dry I love how it turned out!


And since the first time I did it I thought it looked like crap... I thought I would show you what it looks like when I first sprayed it.....
Globs of colors and spots, not a uniform color and much darker than I wanted. But when it dries it looks amazing! So don't worry :)


Now I don't want to take all the credit.... I first saw the idea at the Tim Holtz booth at CHA. This is the display showing all his new colors.... and yes its all the same white ribbon just sprayed!

They were so beautiful hanging there you just had to touch them!
Oh and ya I can't wait for his new ribbon line to come in... its a package with 4-3 white trims!! They are definitely on my wish list!

5 comments:

Steph said...

Cute layout! Love the paper and the glimmer mists on the ribbon. I will have to try that.

lyndon said...

Glimmer mist and ribbon, two of my favourite things ;) The ribbon is the perfect touch on your layout.

hilde janbroers said...

I love your layout! beautiful!

Angela said...

Rockin' layout, Liz! I had a feeling you were up for some Pixies :)
Love the ribbon, too -- I have so many white trims and ribbons, I'm gonna have to try this ASAP! I have some ball trim stuff I'm curious about....

Off to play!

Kelly Roberts said...

great idea! i love glimmer mist and the way you can use it on all types of things. keep on misting!
ksimonedesigns.blogspot.com