Saturday, August 14, 2010

The one with a baseball game!

A few weeks ago, our friends Tim and Ashley invited us to a baseball game at Comerica Park! Its been a long time since I have been at a game. When I was younger, my Dad had season tickets so we went a lot more often.

The Detroit Tigers were playing the Toronto Blue Jays, Tim and Ash thought it would be fun since we are Canadian and they are American.... us vs them :) It was such a beautiful day.... but very hot!
We stayed for most of the game .... and then headed over to one of my favorite downtown spots.... Nikki's Pizza :) yum!
Alain and I outside the stadium!
Tim and Ash outside the stadium!

After pizza.... were were stuffed.... but they suggested we head over to Astoria Bakery!
At first we were just going to look.... but everything was sooooo good. We got two pieces of cheesecake to take back home with us. If you are every in 'Greektown' (an area in downtown Detroit) I highly recommend stopping by!

Thanks Tim and Ash for a really fun afternoon :)
-Liz

3 comments:

Angela said...

Nice photos :)
I love Astoria! So good....
Never been to Nikki's, though -- we'll have to try that out next time we hit a game -- we try to go at least once a year, but it's been so stinkin' hot this summer!
I'll be posting my kit contents in a bit, if you're curious :) Yours is more fun than mine!

Unknown said...

That looks like fun!!! I love baseball games!

Sue Althouse said...

Love, love, love Comerica Park! We usually eat enough right there and are too stuffed to go anywhere after a ball game!