Thursday, April 22, 2010

The one with Creative Imaginations

Yesterday was such beautiful weather here! I didn't want to be inside all day.... so I did get out to practise a little and play 9 holes! Usually Alain and I play together after work during the week but since he has been extra busy he has not been out to the course yet :(

His beloved Montreal Canadians played last night again... so during the game I whipped this up!

The paper, journal spots and title are all Creative Imaginations. The title is just flat stickers so I added pop dots to give them some dimension. I usually don't like black and brown together ... but I think the shades of grey mixed in makes it work.
Close up....used a transparent brown flourish that I have had forever! I knew I was keeping it for a reason..lol. The butterfly is by Jenni Bowlin.
Close up - Prima flower... love the pearl in the middle!!! Added some MM vintage findings flower pins in behind. Loving the new pleated ribbon from Pink Paislee too... need to stock up on that stuff!!!
Still have at least 2 more layouts I need to get done for Scrappy Chic before the end of the month.... more hockey tonight and tomorrow... so I may have them done in time to drop off on Sunday!

Another beautiful day here today! My garden is looking a little crazy right now... maybe I should get out there and pull some weeds before they take over!!

Have a great day!
-Liz

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Your layout is very pretty.

Christine said...

This is so pretty! I am unually stumped by pp with flourishes like this but I am ispired by how you kept them as part of the design.

Angela said...

Lovely! You're so good at romantic pages -- and yes, that pink paislee ribbon is just awesome!

Marlene said...

What - you weren't watching the game?!! ;)

LOVE that flower!! That is absolutely gorgeous!!

Now, don't laugh, but I jumped out of my freaking chair when I scrolled down on your blog. Forgot I had my speakers set to LOUD and wasn't expecting sound! (It was probably as fast as anyone has seen me move all day).

Elisa K said...

Love this layout and that flower is awesome. Thanks for sharing...

Hugs
Elisa K