Sunday, April 18, 2010

The one with Graphic 45 - Part 2!

One of the reasons why I really wanted to be on the Scrappy Chic design team was to push myself. To use different product than I would normally choose, to try new techniques and challenge myself to think outside the box of what is comfortable for me! Last month I really didn't feel like my work was very good... as hard as I tried I couldn't "make it work!" as Tim Gunn would say! But this month.... I feel like I really pushed through and I am proud of what I did.

Before, Graphic 45 is not something I would EVER choose to buy.... but now I am starting to really like it :) I know the two layouts I made are not 'the best ever' but to me I think I am more proud of them because I made them work for me!
Enough of my blabbering.... here is the second layout.....

And a close up.
There is a lot of distressing, sewing and layering of patterns in this that don't translate well to pictures... especially since its gray outside again today and I have no natural light to photograph with!!

I have two cards I made last night as well. Forgot to take a picture of them so maybe there will have to be a part 3 to this post :) lol.

Next up on my plate is some Cosmo Cricket..... still a little scared of them as well...but I have the mojo going right now so I think I should just dive in today!!
-Liz

PS- Anyone else a 'Hockey Playoff Widow' like me? I know they just began but I already can't wait til they are over!!!! Ugh!!! .....and no you don't get kicked out of Canada if you live here and don't like hockey!!!.... contrary to what you might think! ;)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Beautiful layout.
And I too don't care for hockey. Hubby doesn't watch it either, and we haven't been kicked out yet LOL.