Friday, January 28, 2011

The one with the flight!

Yay! We made it!
I say that because we almost didn't!

Let me tell you the adventure we had last night!
I left work early to make sure I got to Chris' house on time. There was lots of snow coming down and I figured that the roads would be really bad. I was right. At 5:30 we found out that the plane would be delayed about an hour. No problem!

So we just hung out at Chris' for a while and then headed over to the Airport... thats when the adventure started! The roads were REALLY slow and we were pushing it for time as it was. We rushed over to check it.... but we got an error message : You are too LATE to check in for your
flight!!! AHHHH.. panic!

Got an attendant over right away to help. She said our bags would not make he flight but she had two seats left. Out bags would come THE NEXT NIGHT! So we ran through security... and literally RAN to the gate just in time to board! Poor Fawn was waiting there since 6:00.
Once we got on the plane we realized that we got the last two seats on the plane and were bumped up to first class! We were laughing so hard about our luck..... but so excited to have the BIG cushy seats.

The flight was great but the whole time I was wondering if we were going to have our luggage or not. We were making a list of what we would need to buy when we land. Once we landed and got to the luggage area we walked over and out bags were the first ones out!!! Lots of celebrating in the airport.... I don't think anyone has ever been so happy to see their luggage :)

So that was last night... check out what we did today over on the Scrappy Chic blog! Plus.... we got the exclusive first photos of the CHA floor if you want to see it.......
Today it was so beautiful - not like the snow and below zero weather we left! So enjoying the SUN!

Check back tomorrow for lots of show pics.... I can't wait!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Oh my, what an adventure! I'm so glad both you and your bags made it on time!
That said, I can't WAIT to see all the goodies from the show!!

Sue Althouse said...

Wow, travel is enough of an adventure without all that added drama! Glad you and your luggage are safely in CA. Can't wait to see more!

Steph said...

Sounds like an adventure already! Enjoy CHA.

byondbzr said...

Have fun, I love seeing CHA pics!