Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The one with some Vintage

I think I have said it before.... but Angela loves to challenge me :) Usually when I open my kit there is one line that I really have no idea what I will do with - something I would never pick for myself if I was shopping! But for some reason at the end of the month the layout with that paper turn out to be my favorites.... or at least ones that I am super proud of because in my own mind I broke out of my safe box.

This is one of *those* layouts! Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934. This paper to me is so Angela... but I have a feeling that she bought the whole pack of this one ;)
A couple weeks ago my mom found an old photo album filled with some really great pictures! This is one of them. My mom when she was 23 years old! She was in Holland with my grandparents visiting our family there.
The picture is from the late 70's but I think this paper still goes well with it! So I challenge you to scrap something out of your comfort zone... you never know what will happen :)

11 comments:

Steph said...

Beautiful layout! I think those papers work perfectly.

Pam W. said...

Very nice. Great picture.

Sue Althouse said...

That is an awesome picture and a beautiful layout! That's why I like a kit club - opens you up to try new product that you may never have picked out yourself.

Mary Hamer said...

Love this paper line and your layout with it is simply stunning!
xoxo

hilde janbroers said...

love your layout! especially since the photo was taken over here in Holland!

my4blessings said...

This is such a well-designed layout! Absolutely gorgeous and I am falling in love this this paper!

smdluxe said...

that picture you chose goes absolutely perfect with the paper! Beautiful job!

DebW said...

Love it!!

Angela said...

That album is such a find! You'll be scrapping for years :)
And yes, I did make this your challenge line.
And yes, I did buy the whole pack for myself! You know me too well.

As always, though, you rocked the challenge!!

robindefender said...

Great layout. The paper really does accent your photo perfectly!

This is me: Sweet Pete said...

Love the layers. How fun.